2008-12-17

Everything I've Ever Thought Was Wrong

I've always thought of myself this way:

uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

But now I find out I'm this way:

uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

So undoubtedly I am going to have to give up blogging and become a starving artist.

2 comments:

Chrystal Ocean said...

Blogged about the same thing earlier today. Was astonished when I did the test to learn I was right-brained. However, the listed traits do match up with the way I tend to be. In other words, while I can do logic, analysis, math and science, etc., I've not as much an affinity for them as those items in the right-brained list.

Perhaps it's not so surprising that right-brained people might assume themselves to be otherwise. After all, society is structured to serve the dominant group and rather forces the minority to adapt.

Geekwad said...

give up blogging and become a starving artist.

I can tell from context that you are trying to make some kind of distinction, but I can't quite see it.